In this episode, you’ll hear from Jamal Downer, PharmD is a Pharmacy Manager for Walgreens based in New York City. Jamal joined the Walgreens family in 2004 and is currently in charge of managing the store as well as providing counsel to those who need to speak with a pharmacist about their medications.
Points of discussion:
– Why did you choose to pursue a career in pharmacy? What do you like best about community pharmacy?
– What have been the most rewarding aspects of the job, especially during this time?
– What are the implications of COVID-19 as it relates to the pharmacy industry and what sort of changes have pharmacists had to make as a result of the pandemic?
– What is it like leading a team who is working on the front lines of COVID-19 and what have been your biggest learnings and points of inspiration?
– Post-COVID-19, how do you see the pharmacy world shifting and adapting to this “new norm” and have there been any upsides to the shift in how you interact with patients/people?
Interview with Walgreens Pharmacist, Jamal Downer
Host – Hillary Blackburn, PharmD, MBA
@talktoyourpharmacist for Instagram and Facebook