In this episode, our guest is Rear Admiral (RADM) Pamela Schweitzer, who retired in September 2018 from a four year term as the Assistant Surgeon General and 10th Chief Pharmacist Officer of the United States Public Health Service (PHS). As Chief Pharmacist Officer (first female in this role), RADM Schweitzer was responsible for providing leadership and coordination of more than 1,300 PHS pharmacy officers in 13 agencies with the Office of the Surgeon General and the Department of Health & Human Services.
Here are some topic areas:
– Tell us how you got involved with public health and a little about your career path.
– How is the USPHS Commissioned Corps supporting the COVID-19 pandemic?
– As first female pharmacist CPO, what advice did you have for other officers?
– What are some take-aways you can share from your experience working for the federal government (HHS)?
– What are you going to be working on in 2021?
Points that will be covered:
– Take risks
– Open to changes within career
– Leading from behind
– relationships & collaboration
– Next chapter
Guest – Rear Admiral (RADM) Pamela Schweitzer
Host – Hillary Blackburn, PharmD, MBA
@talktoyourpharmacist for Instagram and Facebook