In this episode, our guest is Dr. Michelle Fritsch is a board certified geriatric clinical pharmacist with a passion for healthy
aging and education. She is a specialist in medication use, prevention, and retirement transition
in people over 60. She is founder of Retirement Wellness Strategies; co-founder of Propel
Comprehensive Wellness; and co-founder of Medipreneurs. She works with a broad definition of
health – physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and social aligned with purpose in each phase of
Medipreneurs Summit 2022 is August 26-28 in Cincinnati, OH. It is nearly sold out.
2. This is Medipreneurs 5th Anniversary celebration!
3. Many entrepreneurial pharmacists got their start or reached new levels through Medipreneurs
4. We can talk about the mission/the ‘why’ of Mediprenerurs
Michelle’s other business includes work with leaders nearing retirement:
1. Retirement Wellness Strategies is for executives about 2-3 years before retirement. It is a 1:1 virtual 20-visit process to create a clear, one-page strategic plan for health in the transition to retirement and beyond with a clear picture of self-identity beyond that primary occupation.
2. Propel Comprehensive Wellness is that same process in a self-guided monthly-subscription format to help those nearing retirement prevent health decline and prepare for all of the phases to come in life.
3. I left 25 years in academia and innovative practice within health-systems (VA and community health system) to tackle this issue. Too many people, mostly men who are leaders, have a rapid health decline, a divorce, or completely lose their sense of self when they retire. This is nearly always preventable!
Guest – Michelle Fritsch, PharmD, BCGP
Host – Hillary Blackburn, PharmD, MBA
@talktoyourpharmacist for Instagram and Facebook